It is more important now than ever to maintain a healthy weight. Obesity is a leading risk factor for many preventable diseases like Hypertension, Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease, and Stroke. Obesity significantly raises your risk for developing certain cancers, and is associated with poor outcomes with many more diseases and infections.
Reasons Diets Fail
- Diets are Temporary
- Diets Deprive Us
- Diets don't easily fit into our lifestyles
- Diet often loses to craving
- Diets can lower metabolism
- Diets require monitoring and exercise to effect weight loss
- Poor Support
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Lack of a goal
- Fad Diets
- Hidden Calories
- Ineffective Exercise
So How Can We Help?
- We provide education and discuss treatment plans
- We evaluate you for underlying conditions that may have lead to your weight gain
- We can prescribe effective medications that: help curb your appetite, make you feel full faster, can decrease cravings, slow down gut motility leading to the feeling of being full longer
- Certain medications that are employed have been show to reduce all cause mortality associated with cardiovascular disease.
- We monitor your progress closely with regular visits, and labs to make sure your progress stays on track